Monday, March 27, 2023

Never Go to Naples (SOLSC 27/31)

 


A poem for my final day in Italy that might go down as one of THE worst days ever.  I don’t have time or the emotional capacity for details so don’t ask right now.

Graffiti all around
and no gelato to be found.
Suddenly my mother hits the ground, 
blood on the pavement abounds!
Swelling up, knot like a small mound.
The ambulance is inbound, 
Italian and English, mixing sounds,
This is a nightmare most profound.
I am now grateful we are tomorrow home bound.



4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read of this ending to your wonderful trip. There's nothing worse than a medical emergency on a trip. I hope your journey home is uneventful and that your mother is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that the trip ended this way! I hope your mom is going okay. May your travels home be smooth, safe and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Hope the trip back is safe with few worries! I can't wait to talk "in persoon" about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear...not the way to end your trip to Italy. I hope your mom will be fine.

    ReplyDelete