Thursday, March 11, 2021

#SOL21 | 11 | Today was...

Today was a school day.

Today was a day for calculating the 12th graders last days.

Today was a day for breaking open writing to see how it ticked.

Today was a day to remember that though they are nearly adults, they are still just kids.

Today was a day for wandering outside to fresh air, fields, and nature trails tucked behind schools.

Today was a day for imagining monsters emerging from a pond, partaking of student sacrifices.

Today was a day to remember that though they are nearly adults, they are still just kids.

Today was a Thursday trying to hide itself as a Friday.

Today was a good day.


This post is part of the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge.  
#SOL21 and information around Slicing can be found on Two Writing Teachers.


 

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy the visual layout of your post. It looks like an arrow pointing your students on their way with all of your positive thoughts behind them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely went back to tweak some sentences so that I could make it look balanced on either side.

      Delete
  2. I like how the day was seized! It sounds like moments were extra appreciated in your post. I liked the Thursday line trying to hide itself as a Friday. Thursdays do that don't they? Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the repetition. I'm sure this style has a name, but I'm going to call it "out and back" - I love that part too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely slice. "Today was a day to remember that though they are nearly adults, they are still just kids."- we don't always remember this. I am glad that today was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the lines get longer and then short again. It has a good rhythm. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like the shape of this writing. I especially love the line about the monsters partaking of the student sacrifices, Ha! And then you reminding yourself again that they ARE just kids. Nice. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete