Friday, March 12, 2021

#SOL21 | 12 | Packages

I already wrote a slice about receiving a penpal letter; now let's talk packages.

My apartment is located at the end of the breezeway on the first floor and I usually park close enough that I can peer down that breezeway and see whether or not I have packages waiting for me.  This wasn't always the case.  

Prior to COVID, sometimes I would have packages outside my door but just as often I would have to go to our apartment complex's main office and see if I had anything.  The delivery was very inconsistent as to which it would be, which could make for some frustrating scenarios.  The worst was when I expected a Blue Apron delivery to be at my door, didn't get home until after the office had closed, only to learn that my meals for the weak were slowly going bad in the office.  There was nothing I could do.  The office had strict hours (8 am to 5 pm) and I couldn't just swing home because I commute 20+ minutes to work.

I honestly prefer consistently getting packages at my door, even if there is the slim chance some rando can come by and take them for themselves.  It's just fun to peer down the breezeway as I pull in to park and see that I have a box or two on my doorstep.  Today was no exception.

My two packages today were not very exciting in the grand scheme of things: a box of laundry sheets and a four pack of Crofter's Jam (in support of one of my favorite Youtube stars Thomas Sanders).  But it was still something just for me to open and enjoy.  The bonus of course being that I got to use it as inspiration for a slice.


This post is part of the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge.  
#SOL21 and information around Slicing can be found on Two Writing Teachers.


No comments:

Post a Comment