Friday, March 17, 2023

Best in Color (SOLSC 17/31)

 

Did you get your invitation?  I got mine (Thanks Leigh Anne)!  It came just in time because I am leaving tomorrow for Italy and I was afraid I wouldn't make it.  Thankfully, I'm able to squeeze a pop (of color) in here and I'm not sure I could have planned it better since today is also St. Patrick's day and all things green!

Here are MY best colors:

The best green can be seen on the Starbucks logo, my morning drink of choice since it's practically in my backyard.

The best blue is found on the cover of my 5 Sentence a Day journal; the pages edged in gold and filled with years of memories.

The best purple is in the ink of my favorite pen -- which will probably run out sooner rather than later.

The best red is on the Solo cup I drink from at any major family gathering; just make sure you write your name with a sharpie so no one else takes your drink!

The best orange is a small, clay Seed of Happiness sitting on my desk.  It smiles at me with its lumpy grin, reminding me of a friend no longer here. 

The best yellow is in the flame that burns on the wick of a candle I am burning to relax and destress after a long day.

The best white is in the cream sandwiched between two chocolate cookies: otherwise known as an Oreo.

The best pink lines the skies in the morning and evening as the sun rises and sets in her vibrant colors.

The best brown is the chocolate glaze on a donut, waiting for me in the teacher's lounge or delivered by a friend.

The best black is the fur on my dog's ears: bat-like and alert as I go to leave the room.

The best colors are in the Pride Flag -- listed above and representing a community forged in love and representing me.



6 comments:

  1. I will be joining you in the writing party soon! Thinking it is a weekend prompt since I will be traveling. I enjoyed reading about your best colors- the pink one stood out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a ton of fun in Italy. It's a perfect spot for spring break! I love your reference to the Pride flag and the description. We need all the colors, as well as the inclusion they represent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be joining that party soon too! So grateful for Leigh Anne's invitation! I loved reading your descriptions. I found your structure so powerful here with each individual color representing the different things that you enjoy or find important--and then all colors culminating in the Pride flag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining the party in all of your best colors! You hae such a variety of objects, things in which I never thought about their color! Have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I missed the invitation. I am glad I found it here. You write so beautifully. I probably need a fresher head to respond in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica, I think you have picked some of my favorites too. Red has always been a favorite for me, but a red solo cup with my name on it with a houseful of friends and/or family might be one of the best reds ever. I also love the chocolate brown you talk about. Enjoy Italy!

    ReplyDelete