Friday, March 3, 2023

Open (SOLSC 3/31)


 On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I roll out of bed at 4:45 AM to attend a 5:00 AM CrossFit class three minutes from my apartment.  When I tell people this they are surprised -- how do you wake up that early?  

It's the only time I can make work for going to the gym.  A 6:00 AM class would not be practical to get me to school/work and attending in the evenings would likely result in me skipping more than attending.  At the end of the day I just want to go home.

Which leaves me with waking up for a 5:00 AM.  I like the 5:00 AM class -- they're energetic and now that I've attended for two years I know most of them pretty well. I also like the boost of energy it gives me most days.  I definitely feel better on the mornings I work out.

I enjoy deadlifts (I can lift 205 lbs) and back squats (195 lbs) the most.  I enjoy the bicycle and wall walks the least.

Today, I will step into the gym in the evening for one last round of our CrossFit Open.  It's a competition of sorts, but for me it's more about seeing my own personal progress in fitness and not necessarily scoring against other competitors.  

We've been having the Open for the past two weeks now and the first day of it the owners of the gym had a professional photographer come and take pictures.  They did this last year as well.  They are often finding little ways to make working out more fun.  The photographer saw me, remembering last year's Open and how he had taken a picture of me "flying" as I did a box step up.

I wonder what he'll say about the picture this year?



4 comments:

  1. I am really proud of your hard work and dedication! That is so awesome that you are doing something for yourself and I bet after it is done you feel great and have an awesome start to your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! 5AM is when I hop on my exercise bike- like you, the only time that works for me. I do not think I could ever do cross fit- you are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Erica. That is a great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Impressed at your dedication and early rising to work out. That would never happen for me- I would just roll over and say forget it.

    ReplyDelete