Sunday, March 12, 2023

Fortunately, Unfortunately (SOLSC 12/31)

The weekend seems like a good time to test out some of the styles that other blogs have used.  Yesterday, I used the "Currently" format.  Today, I was inspired to try out the fortunately/unfortunately format I first saw on Joyous Thought's blog.

Fortunately, the flowers and trees are starting to flourish.  Unfortunately, my allergies have responded in kind.  Fortunately, I started taking my allergy medicine early this year and that has helped a lot!

Fortunately, the days are getting warmer and brighter.  Unfortunately, I have to sacrifice an hour of my sleep to enjoy the daylight. Fortunately, I have coffee. 

Fortunately, this also means I have one week until Spring Break starts.  Unfortunately, I have A LOT I need to get done before I can enjoy it. Because fortunately, I am finally living one of my dreams and going to Italy for Spring Break (and a few days after)!  

Unfortunately, those few days after mean I have to have sub plans ready long before they are due.

Fortunately, those sub plans don't have to be complicated; it is the time of year where my senior English students are nearly done and AP exam season is just around the corner.  Unfortunately, AP exam season is just around the corner.

Fortunately, I am of the belief that everything will work out as it should!



10 comments:

  1. I love the format, I will try it as well. I think this is a good way to reframe negative thoughts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a neat format. You have a lot going on right now, but it will work out. Your trip to Italy is your light at the end of this busy week. That is fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely fortunate! And it was a fun format to write in -- I think it's very valuable for times when maybe a lot is going on or maybe a lot of negative things are happening. Gotta remember that positive side!

      Delete
  3. What a great format. It shares a there is a solution for every situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First- love your last line. I have not seen this prompt before but have added to my list for future inspiration. I didn't know you were headed to Italy. So glad that dream is coming true for you. I hope you have a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how these are framed with fortunately. It does seem to soften the unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not why this came up anonymous. It must have heard our conersation the other night! :)

      Delete
  6. I tried the fortunately / unfortunately format by telling a story around the circle with my kindergarten class. It was great!

    ReplyDelete